Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Passport

Howdy again. My buddy James had to get a passport so that we could apply for Bear Grylls new Adventure show 'Get Out Alive'. That got me thinking about where the contestants could possibly be going. Too me, it's kind of exciting because there are so many different terrains and areas that we could potentially get to be exposed to. Although I have some survival skills, I wonder how that would translate from basic wilderness and semi-desert to something like jungles, high elevation mountains, etc...  If I was in a torrential rain and freezing cold, would I be able to be resourceful enough to find dry items and get a fire started? Would my navigation skills help at all in the middle of a jungle with no topographical reference points? Would common sense prevail or would I forget everything I've learned and panic?  The bottom line is...I'd love to find out!  It is at times when we are challenged and broken that we discover who we are and what we are made of.  I have had a few of these moments in my life, and I hope to have at least one more if i make it on the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment